Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Fun!

Aurora is about to have a really fun week! She's staying with my mom next week. It was one of two weeks that our sitter, Diane is on vacation and my mom was sweet enough to agree to take Rory for the week so that we could work and save our vacation time. Her (Mopsey) and Grandpa Wayne are going to have sooo much fun. She's going to come back to us way too spoiled.

Ryan and I on the other hand, are going to miss our baby girl like crazy.... but will be taking full advantage of our time with no post-baby responsibilities. We will be going out to dinner, watching movies, taking long walks... all the things that you cant always fit into your schedule when you have to keep a little one on track and in bed by 7pm. Plus, my mom has skype, so we will be able to at least see/talk to her over the net for a few minutes a day.

Other than that, at 15 months tomorrow, her favorite new game is spinning in circles until she is so dizzy that she falls down. She's also finally started signing. Ashley had said that Boston started signing around 13 months, out of the blue after she had given up on it. Then Nicole was saying how Luke started signing a few weeks ago and I thought, well I should try it again then, and I did, and she is signing! Her favorite is "more" which is like clapping but with closed fists. She pretty much gives is that anytime she wants anything or more of anything. She understands the milk one but isnt good at giving it to us. I think she almost forgets or doesnt realize she is thirsty until we offer it. She is finally starting to *almost* sit still for books now. She will pick one out and bring it to you, and if it has very few words per page or you only read some of it and keep page turning at a quick pace, she will sit for it! I can't wait till she is really interested in stories and longer books, I will sit and read to her for hours. I'll love it.

1 comment:

  1. I like your realistic portrayal of how a 15 month old "reads" books... I sometimes would wonder why Hazel wouldn't sit still for too long when my other friends would tell me their babies read with them every night! Yes, the quick page flipping is a definite must :)

    ReplyDelete