Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

End of Summer Update

Aurora has broken both bottom molars (one on each side) this week. Poor thing! For the record though, I was right; the bottom left one broke first. Although Ryan is now claiming that’s what he said. But here on my blog I have the proof, that he said it was going to be bottom right. I win. Anyway I’m so happy that she will finally be able to chew things now; shes got 4 middle up top and 2 bottom middle for biting, and now will have 4 molars, one on each side & top and bottom to chew with.

She’s loving her books more and more each day. Her favorite are the ones with simple words and bright pictures. She has a Sesame Street bubble one that she is OBSESSED with because she loves bubbles more than anything in the world. Her favorite thing to do after dinner is go to the living room where her books are and pull them from the shelf one at a time and read them while she is sitting on the doggy stairs beside the bookshelf.

In fact, she had her first tantrum the other day when we made her stay in the kitchen with us until we were done with dinner. She wanted to go to her books and we said, “you can get out of your high chair when you are done eating but you need to stay with us in the kitchen until we are done eating”. So she cried and sobbed for a number of minutes. Of course this first time she did it we had no idea why she was so upset. Last night Ryan said she probably just wants her books so we brought some into the kitchen and she was so happy with her books in the kitchen till we were done. Problem solved!

She is talking so much more too. This morning she walked into the bathroom and said “baw” I looked where she was pointing and there was a little jewelry box that she likes to play with on the sink. “Oh, box! Yes, here is your box”, it was so cute!

So we are going to Vegas in November with Nicole and Jason, leaving the kids with our parents, and we are soooo excited! We just bought Lion King Tickets, front row. Should be a wonderful show. Then the other night Nicole & Jay are going to Tim McGraw, and we will probably see one of the Cirque shows, Ka or Zumanity are our top choices. We are debating when to start trying to get pregnant. Ill be ovulating right around my birthday so I might just see where things go from there and if I start seeing symptoms in Vegas (I would be about 2 weeks along) I would just take it easy.

And at 3 months in advance, we have the holidays figured out! YAY! I cant tell you what a relief that is. With such big families on both Ryan’s mom and dad’s sides, and my family, ALL in San Diego, its hard to balance them all so everyone feels like they are getting enough time with us, and also manage to make ourselves happy so WE actually enjoy ourselves! I was not really happy with last year. I felt we made too many accommodations for others, and were running around too much to make everyone else happy and to be honest after all of it I still don’t feel like everyone was happy with the arrangement anyway! I know I wasn’t. So this year Ashley invited us to Thanksgiving and told me to invite my family, so I did. Two birds with one stone on that one, we get to spend it with good friends AND my family. Christmas eve sounds like it is at Ryan’s aunt Diana’s house and we had said last year that we would start doing Christmas morning at our house, and Ryan’s mom Cheryl said that she is doing Christmas day at her place so that’s nice we don’t even have to leave Tierrasanta on Christmas! Im really looking forward to it all. And hopefully we will have the best present of all this year, getting pregnant with our second child!

No comments:

Post a Comment