Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Survived the Holidays!

Today I'm 12 weeks pregnant. Once I complete this week and next, I'll be out of the first trimester. I'm so looking forward to this, because it means things are going to get better from here on out! At least they did last time and this pregnancy's timelines have been pretty much the same as last one (just higher intensity of the symptoms). The nausea has actually subsided a lot, although I'm still throwing up just as much (some days not at all, most days once in the evening and once in a while twice in a day). I've only thrown up in the morning 3 or 4 times; mostly its in the evenings, esp just before bed (around 8pm). And my energy levels have continued to increase. Today I go in to get some blood work done (1st tri screening) and on Friday I go in for the NT US.

I made it through the holidays. I spent lots of time outside with warm clothes, and I had awesome family members who kept me company. (I couldnt be inside a lot with all the food everywhere and all the smells that go with it). I did find that baby bel cheese and rice crackers sat really well and at lots of that combo. Aurora got WAY too many gifts; she actually didnt even get around to opening all of them and I had to open the rest for her later while she was with my mom. Big girl at 20 months now is talking more (we are working on two syllable words) has all her first round of teeth, still loves her night time and morning warm bottle of milk, and gets more independent and opinionated with every passing day. She loves playing pretend. She got a set of play food from both us and Blake & Alyssa and she LOVES "tasting" the food, and stirring the pot.

Im looking forward to the next few months; hopefully they include the lessening of my symptoms, and allow me to get back into my social scene, cause I MISS IT!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you start to feel better! Can't believe you are almost in the second trimester... seems like just yesterday we heard the news!

    Yes, can't believe what big and independent girls our daughters are turning into. I almost shed a tear when filling out birthdays on the 2011 calendar and was already writing in their second birthdays.

    ReplyDelete