Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

32 Weeks... and Feeling Every Pound!

I'm now 32 weeks pregnant. The end is near. If Abby is as early as Rory was, I have only 6 weeks left! Thats NOTHING! Its actually a little scary and bitter-sweet. I know this is it for me; the last time I will be pregnant, the last time I will go through all the wonderful and annoying things about being pregnant. So I'm just trying to sit back look past the discomforts and just enjoy this last time of growing my own flesh and blood.

That being said, boy things are getting uncomfortable! I have to say I think it is not as bad as last time. Abby is carrying lower, so I'm not having as much trouble breathing, not as much rib aches, and the heartburn is not as bad (although this time I didn't hesitate to moderate with medicine and at this stage I need my Zantac AND Tums to get me through the day, and I got the wedge pillow right away when I was having reflux issues at night. So I think the heartburn is just being managed better this time around, not necessarily that its not as bad). Where was I? Oh yeah, and my skin doesn't itch as much this time since its already been stretched. (Well my boobs are always swollen and a little itchy, but my stomach isn't.) Wait, I have not talked about my boobs yet have I? Ok my boobs are OUT OF CONTROL. They are huge, and my areolas are like the size of saucers. None of my lingerie fits them anymore. I'm sure my regular bras would not fit anymore. I wouldn't know since I stopped wearing real bras (I've been on sports bras for months now). Ok I got off track again. Which is very typical of me now days. Seriously, my brain does not work right and I loose my thoughts and forget stuff all the time and say dumb things and can't remember simple words. Ryan says, "great now you know what its like to be me, so remember this the next time you get mad at me for losing something or forgetting something." Ok off track again. I started here talking about symptoms. So in general I think I'm less uncomfortable than last time. Also no leg cramps (double YAY). This week has been a good weight week; have not gained any more weight which is good considering I'm already at my top goal weight, and we have our Memorial Day weekend camping trip this weekend.

Speaking of which, IM SO STOKED!!! We have been prepping since last weekend; shopping, household chores, finalizing our packing list, planning out the menu, conversing with our camping buddies. I'm looking forward to the warm weather, the lounging around doing nothing, and letting Aurora run amuck with Hazel and just get dirty and be a KID! I'm sure I'll gain at least 5 lbs this weekend. lol. We have also invested in a roof rack for the Mazda, so that should help alleviate the space issues we had last year.

1 comment:

  1. You looked so great this weekend, hard to believe you are so close to meeting your little girl. We had so much fun with you guys and I really do enjoy watching the girls play together :)

    ReplyDelete