Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Fun at the Emergancy Room

So at like 8pm last night I started to get a really bad stomach ache at the top of my stomach and it just got worse and worse so 2 hours later we finally went to the Emergency Room. They took a urine sample, blood, and the Dr. examined me. Since everything felt fine (soft abdomin and I didnt have any sharp pains and it was higher), he thinks it was either something I ate or a stomach bug going around.

They did an ultrasound just to make sure the baby was ok and it was AMAZING. You can see the face, the spine, it was a beautiful profile. Bean sprout was sucking it's thumb and kicking around like crazy. Dr. said the heartbeat was strong, about 155/min. It was nice bc Ryan was there for it this time! I think it made it a little more real to him to SEE something that looked like a little human inside me even though I am not [that] huge yet. I was still in really bad pain so they gave me some morphine while they were waiting for the lab work to come back and that helped (I would hope so, right???). I was worried about taking it but they called OB to make sure it was ok and they said it was. Labs came back normal, but my potassium was low, so I need to eat more bananas he said. We finally got discharged at like 1:30 so I am very tired today.

I am mostly just glad everything is ok! You know everything is probably fine but in the back of your head you wonder what if...

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear you're doing well! You should post the pic of the ultrasound... I'm interested to see what a 14 week old fetus looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too am glad that everything is ok! Marshall is probably going crazy since he hasn't got the chance to be there for an ultrasound yet. That is so great that Ryan got to see the baby! It has been a while since I had one though (our baby just looked like a little blob!)

    ReplyDelete