Search This Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wahoo, Week 14 Cleared.


We won't be able to tell for a long time, but I really wonder what bean sprout is going to look like. With Ryan and I looking so very different, I always have wondered what traits our children will get. My light skin and eyes? My short & stocky stature? My artistic and social tendancies? Or Ryan's olive skin and dark eyes? His height and slender build? His scientific mind and thoughful nature? It's a true crapshoot. With genes like that, matching of genetic mutations has as much as much of a chance as getting struck by lightening, thank goodness.
.
Yesterday I had another appointment. All that initial genetic testing turned out fine, and they do some more follow up labs next week. My RN said the baby is just where it should be in my abdomen, and while it took her a while to find the heartbeat, when we did, there it was; "Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh". And only one, so I think chances I am just huge because of twins I think are diminshed. My Mom asked how fast it was, and she said about 160. My Mom is now happliy convinced I am having a girl. (Even though the whole heartbeat thing is a COMPLETE wivestale.) However, if true, Nicole and I are both having a girl, since hers is at 160/min too!

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so cute! I am sure that the baby will be a perfect combination of the two of you! Our heartbeat today was 144 so I wonder what that means?? I have heard that the gender predictions based on the heartbeat aren't true... but I still hope you guys can add a girl to that family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! Sounds like things are going smoothly for you and Ryan. Isn't this time so exciting? Laura and I are having a blast. As far as the Alfie Kohn book on parenting, I just finished it... and couldn't recommend it more! It is so incredibly insightful, and seems obvious, however suppressed by our culture of power promotion. Hope all stays well! I've enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright so we are both having girls! I guess we find out soon enough.

    ReplyDelete