Search This Blog

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Countdown Begins

Tomorrow marks 26 weeks... and suddenly it seems like (as my friend Laura has said) the count of how many weeks pregnant you are in the beginning that is such a big deal week after week transforms itself to a countdown of how much time you have left; only 3 more weeks left of the 2nd trimester/only one more appointment until they are every 2 weeks/ less than 4 months until Aurora will be here!

The gestational diabetes screening went well; results were normal, yea! My friend Nicole had to do the 3 hour one but just got those results today and hers were normal too, double yea! Ryan and I were worried for a mili-second about the AFP results that I had gotten at Kaiser, but UCSD finally has all of my records safe and sound and Rita had a chance to look them over and left a message for me on Friday saying that "on paper, you look like a rock-star!" That made me feel really good.

The basketball in my stomach continues to grow, making simple everyday activities less simple. I don't make it off the bed on the first try all the time, and people are starting to make fun of me waddling. At least I can still zip up my favorite sweaters and jacket. Hopefully I don't outgrow them before the winter is over, I really don't want to spend money on sweaters and jackets that I may or may not need in my next pregnancy. I mean, with my metabolism the way it is right now I hardly need more than a long sleeve shirt in most situations anyway. (Still sleeping with one throw blanket; on colder nights, its time to wear pajama pants).

Ryan is being really wonderful and we have been enjoying a lot of time together lately. REI has not been scheduling many hours for him (bad for the piggy bank, good for time together), and in an uncharacteristic break, our schedule has been free from many social/family obligations most weekends, allowing us to plan some small things last minute with friends and family but still having plenty of "us" time. I feel like I am falling in love with him all over again in the pregnancy. I am just overflowing with love for him, the wonderful father he is going to be, and the amazing miracle of life we are about to bring into the world and into our family.

1 comment:

  1. It is most definitely a count down now! I am so excited for everything yet a bit overwhelmed as well since it is all starting to feel more real. Glad to hear you guys are getting a chance to spend time together... we are doing the same and I know that I will cherish it when we will have our hands full with the baby!

    ReplyDelete