Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

I love Rita!!!

(Almost) 25 weeks. Friday was wonderful; the visit with Rita went sooo well and I love her! Since it was Ryan's scheduled Friday off, he was able to go too, which was really nice. Rita is young, full of energy, very outgoing and so nice. She took lots of time with us and gave personalized care; it didn't feel like a scripted appointment. They didn't get the hard copies of my Kaiser records over from Perlman where my first UCSD appointment was, so she didn't have a lot to go on, but they should have them by my next appointment, which is in 4 weeks, also on a Friday that Ryan has off, so he can go again! (Yea for Friday appointments that Ryan can go to.)

Next testing is the gestational diabetes, where you drink a dose of sugar and see how crazy your baby gets within an hour. (Actually you drink it then they take your blood an hour later to check for diabetes, since they dont want you to end up with a 10lb baby because of it!)

I did more cleaning of Aurora's room over the weekend, went through all of my memoirs and sorted them out, it was crazy seeing some of those things that I have not looked through in years. Like actual letters I got from people I met at like 6th grade camp and the summer at USC and trips like that, as well as those just from HS. (Yes, back in the day when we actually wrote REAL letters!!!)

It's all starting to come together, as we get closer and closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment