Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Smiles at 34 weeks

Well there is no doubt that I am pregnant now; I have long passed the questioning "Well she sure looks pregnant, but you never know and I'm not going to say something and be wrong" looks and now have moved into the "Wow, due any day now, huh?" outright comments. "Nope, still have 6 weeks to go." I reply... and to that, "Jeez, you sure you don't got twins in there???" lol. Yeah lady, I'm pretty sure they would have caught it at the first or second ultrasound, or heard multiple heartbeats with the doppler at any of my last 6 appointments. But thanks for asking. :0)

But I am glad at least you can tell. A friend was telling me that someone she knew was 6 months pregnant and you couldn't even tell; she was so excited for the baby bump, and for people being nice and smiling and holding doors for you, etc... but if you don't look pregnant, you aren't going to get that, are you? I had not thought of that before. I guess while I am uncomfortable beyond belief, my feet ache, my tailbone hurts, my back is sore, I feel like I have to go pee 24/7 whether I actually do or not and my ribs are numb and tingly anytime I sit down, at least I can share with the world that I am going through this miraculous experience... and I don't even have to say a word for them to know it!

I love the smiles you get; many people don't even say a word, they just see the tummy, look up to make eye contact, and smile knowingly. (Exactly what they are thinking is unknown, i.e. the comic above) However, any joy, however it happens, is a good thing, and if I can make 2 people a day smile just by being pregnant and letting them see me waddle around as such, that is a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment