Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weaning of the Swaddling & Male Pattern Baldness

Well the last few nights have been a little rough. Since Aurora can roll onto her side now, we need to wean her off of being swaddled to sleep. It is a process, getting them to be able to self settle after self startling (say that 10 times fast). So it has been back to newborn nights for me; up every few hours giving her back her pacifier when she wakes up and realizes she doest have it and she’s not all wrapped up safe and sound like a baby burrito (or glow-worm as many of you fondly call it). Good thing is, while she is up, I figure I might as well feed her, since she’s underweight anyway. So I think she’s been getting a little more milk than usual and its good for my production to have more consistent emptying of the milk jugs.

Besides that, while my darling little girl is just as beautiful as ever to me, she has developed male pattern baldness. As if the rat-tail/mullet wasn’t bad enough on it’s own, there is now a distinct bald ring just above it all the way around her head. Unless there is a new hair style coming onto the scene that I don’t know about, the “Fryer Tuck” wasn’t exactly what I had in mind for my sweetheart. What makes it worse is that Ryan has decided that she looks like his cousin, and has now taken to calling her “Phillip”. The other day I had to call him on it, and point out that she was going to think her name was Phillip if he kept doing it. He restricts himself and only does it by accident a few times a day now.

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the swaddle weaning.
    this is what we used and it worked great ! our LO loved it!
    http://www.pekemoe.co.nz called a pekemoa. was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update L. She is definitely the joy of your life. Come on Aurora...bring on the hair!

    ReplyDelete