Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

I am... the Starship Enterprise

Week 13. I am now convinced that my body is not my own anymore. It is property of the 3 inch bean sprout growing in my stomach. Like a bad made-for-sci-fi movie, some alien parasite found it's new home inside my uterus and is now controling all of my bodily functions. And most of the time what it wants my body to do is not what I want it to do. At least current research has shown this alien bean sprout's time is numbered, and will not need it's host body anymore in another 6 months.

Until then, I deal with gagging at the most common of smells or anything hitting that back region of my mouth, a sense of smell so sensitive that I can smell the shampoo of someone walking in front of me that I can't even see, more than frequent urination, aversion to food in general, sharp pains in my stomach anytime I sneeze or cough (stretching of the muscles from what I understand), and the necessary change from thongs to granny panties. *Note to self* Add to the Costco list; Jumbo pack of bikini cut madinforms.

Still have not gained a pound, yet I look like I've gained 10. I put away all of my "skinny" clothes, since that was a lost cause. This morning I went to put on my fattest fat pants, and they didnt fit. Gave in to the one pair of maternity pants I have. (Yes they fit. Don't laugh, and think "if she's already this big now..." I know you are.)

The good news is that I have gotten a good portion of my energy back, just like they said I would. I can actually cook a meal now, and clean up after it within 24 hours. Good thing too, because Ryan was about to starve to death. I think our neighbors the Kruzes were about done feeding an extra mouth for dinner [when I just wasn't interested, or was perfectly fine with a bowl of cereal.]

I'm thinking about starting up walks, stretching, prego yoga, exercises, kegals... all those fun active prego activities that they say are so great for you. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that doesn't sound fun at all L! I also can't believe (and I know you don't want to hear this) how "big" you are. Are you sure you aren't sticking your stomach out? Not even a little?

    ReplyDelete